Changing Search Results

Hello there,

Site: http://fantasy-books.live
Wordpress Version: 4.8
X Pro : 1.1.1

Problem:

I have a lot of posts, but each belonging to it’s own particular category. I would like it if, whatever is searched, if the results find the corresponding post, that it would not list all the posts, but list the category it belongs to.

Is that possible?

-J

Hey There,

Regretfully, at this time I am not entirely certain what it is you would like to accomplish based on the information given in your email. If you wouldn’t mind providing us with a little more clarification on what it is you’re wanting to do (a link to a similar example site would be very helpful, or perhaps some screenshots), we’ll be happy to provide you with a response once we have a better understanding of the situation.

Secure Note below:

Hi There,

That is possible with customization of the template. All of the archive pages including search results page uses same template file in X, i.e.,\wp-content\themes\x\framework\views{stack}\wp-index.php file. You can either edit this file directly using your child theme or create a separate search file (http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy).

Thanks!