Changing font attributes

Hello. Can you tell me how to change the font attributes for the tags when using the editor and selecting paragraph, H1, H2, H3, etc? For instance, how do I change the font face, size, italics on/off, etc. I can’t seem to find it. Thanks.

Hey,

With the default editor isn`t possible to change the font-size, but you can change the paragraph to h1, h2, h3, h4 and h5 selecting the text and clicking on the Paragraph option and about the italic and bold, just click on the B and I.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I’m certainly aware of the controls in the text window. But is there any way to have some finer control? Specifically, the face on the text on the page below ("An in depth conversation…) is too big for my taste. It’s tagged as H5 and I like the face, but I would rather it be smaller. The other text tags look totally different so they’re not currently an option. How can I take finer control of these fonts? Thanks.


(You will need to be logged in to not see the Under Construction page)

Hi there,

In your screenshot, there are two tabs (the text and visual). Switch to text tab and there, you’ll be working directly in the code. You have two option,

  1. Custom inline styling

<span style="font-size: 20px;">teeeexxxt</span>
<h1 style="font-size: 14px">head line!</h1>

  1. Class name

`

I am h1 but I will appear as small as h4

I am h5 but I will appear as big as h1
`

And that’s it :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Thanks very much. Now we’re onto something! I use the 20px command. Now, is there a command to make the interline spacing smaller. See image for all the space between the lines. And thanks again!

hi Kenny

I don’t work for Themeco, but can maybe save you some time, as weekends can be particularly slow for replies.

I have just had to do this myself for some pages, so it is fresh for me.

In the print world it is called leading but on the web, you just use line-height: xxxem;

I assume the text in question has a class, like content or whatever class you have given it. So in your CSS you could just add the following:

.content { line-height: 1.3em; }

Change content to whatever your class is for the text and change the size to a desired size. You can use px if you prefer, but the accepted form from print was always using ems as a size

If you want it to be for all body text, you could try something that targets every paragraph like this:

p { margin-bottom: 0.1em; line-height: 1.3; }

Again adjust the line height and bottom margin as you wish

I hope that helps, Kenny

Regards

Thanks, Guy! I’ll give that a shot.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.