Changing excerpt length

Hello there,

I have added a looper into a Global Block which includes an excerpt but they are very long.

I attempted to change the length here but no change is visible: Cornerstone > Theme Options > Blog > Excerpt Length

Is there a way to change the length within the element settings itself?

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Hello @finkk,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your given page URL it seems that you are using the Layout builder for the single post layout. Please note on the single post page "The Content " works that mean all the post content will be displayed here.

In case if you want to show the excerpt with a certain length you can use our Text element and use this Dynamic content code {{dc:post:excerpt length=“20”}}

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi @prakash_s

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have followed your instructions and the excerpt is appearing, but the length does not seem to be changing. Please see the attached image.

Am I missing something else?

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Hello @finkk,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot common issue before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks @prakash_s,

I have added those details above.

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

I have checked the Excerpt by adding the Dynamic Content tag {{dc:post:excerpt length='10'}} and found it is working fine. I have added a new page with the Post element where I have changed the Excerpt length to 10 characters only.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.