Changing Custom Headline link font-weight & remove space beneath text

Hi there,

I am entering text and custom headline shortcodes into a block grid item and am having two problems:

  1. When I add a link to my last shortcode, it removes the heading level (i.e. font weight). I tried changing the link settings in Appearance > Customiser > Typography, but it only gives me options for link colour. Is there a way to keep the custom headline heading-level on a link?

  2. I added a ‘mtn’ class to the custom headline shortcode that sits beneath raw text in the block grid item, but there is still a large gap between them. Is there a way to remove the gap beneath the text (between the bottom of the text and the custom headline shortcode?

Thanks so much!

Hi There,

You can add inline styling, for example :

[custom_headline type="left" level="h2" looks_like="h3" accent="true" style="color: red; margin-top: 0px;"]Custom Headline[/custom_headline]

Hope it helps!

Hi there,

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it didn’t make any difference. As soon as I added a link to the text it reverted to normal looking (paragraph) text. Also there was no change in the margin above the text.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

1.) This issue happened because Font organizer plugin overrides the font weight. Please temporarily deactivate the plugin and see the difference.

2.) You may have inserted the wrong spacing element class or added it in the wrong element. The new lines and line breaks in the text inserted were automatically gets wrap with a <p> tag. By default, this tag has a bottom margin. If you want to reduce the bottom margin, you will have to use this custom css

.x-block-grid-item p {
    margin-bottom: 7px;
}

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.