Changing "Church Demo" Color on Page Header

I’ve installed the Church demo theme on my site and many of my pages have a beige/tan bar with the page title. I cannot find a place to access that element to change the background color into a white/no color one. Here is a screenshot on what it’s like on “About”:

I’m not sure where to look for in the Global CSS to locate and replace if that’s what making it look like this (I’d need step-by-step help with this as I’m a newbie to CSS).

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

To change the background color, you can add this in X > Launch > Options > CSS

.x-header-landmark {
    color: #434f5b;
    border-color: #e4e1d0;
    background-color: #e4e1d0;
}

Change #434f5b and #e4e1d0 with the color that you like.

You may go to the link below to generate hex number for your color.

https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp

Hope that helps.

Thanks Paul – unfortunately there was no CSS entry with “color: #434f5b;” under .x-header-landmark, only the border and background-color.

I even tried copy/pasting the “color: #434f5b” as it appears in your reply but nothing happened. Any idea why it’s the same? Thank you.

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.

The color is for the text, you need to change the background color.

.x-header-landmark {
    padding: 45px 0;
    border-color: #e4e1d0;
    background-color: #fff;
}

I change the background color to #fff which means white.

I added color from the previous code so you will have an option to change the text color. Unfortunately it confused you.

It worked, thank you!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile: