Change theme colors and icons for blog posts

I have looked everywhere and I can’t find anywhere to specify default colors for things called for blog post icons. Also, there is a little book Icon I want to remove entirely.

Where are the blog color defaults called from? and how do I change them?

How can the blog header icon be changed? or removed? Please see the attached sample

Hello @HabitatGTR,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to get rid of the icon, I would suggest you please add this custom CSS code under the Global CSS

h2.entry-title:before {
content: none !important;
}

To change the featured image placeholder color go to the Post element —>Figure —>Bacground —>set the color

Test-Page-Cornerstone (83)

The purpose of providing custom CSS is to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.In case if you have no idea about coding you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks, I successfully changed the background color.

But I can’t find where to put Global CSS. When I add it to “Additional CSS” nothing happens.

I there a place in X or Cornerstone for Global CSS?

Hello @HabitatGTR,

I would suggest you go to the Cornerstone—>Click on the custom code icon—>Global CSS

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

It didn’t work.

Hello @HabitatGTR,

Thanks for sharing the login details it seems that you have added the incorrect CSS syntax in the Global CSS code.

You have not added the closing curly bracket “}”. The correct code would be like this.

I also noticed that you want to remove the icon from the single post, I would suggest you please use this code.

.single-post h1.entry-title:before {
content: none !important;
 }

The purpose of providing custom CSS is to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.In case if you have no idea about coding you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks. I guess I missed the closing bracket when posting the code.

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.