Change text colour for headings

Hello,

My site is at http://totalturfmanagement.com.au/

On the homepage in the second section ‘Services links’ I have used a classic block grid. I have three column each with a link. The hover text is white which is fine however I want to change the normal text colour to something lighter than black. This was a simple thing before the recent upgrades but I can’t find where to do this now. I only want this change for this section, not site-wide.

Can you please assist?

With thanks and kind regards,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

You can try adding an inline CSS to the <a> tag that wraps the text like this:

<span style="color: #ffffff;"><a style="color: #ffffff;" href="#services">Services</a></span>

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,

Thanks for your reply. That changes the hover colour. How can I change the black?

Kind regards,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

You can simply assign the color you want to use in the color attribute like this:

style="color: #000;"

You can find more color references here: https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colors.asp

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I meant how do I change the active colour? Your code changes the hover colour which I want to be #fff but I’d like to change the active or existing black to something lighter?

With thanks and kind regards,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Add class instead:

<a class="custom-link" href="http://totalturfmanagement.com.au/?page_id=2">Welcome</a>

Then, let’s define class default and hover color:

.custom-link{
  color: #00000; 
}
.custom-link:hover{
  color: #ffffff; 
}

Hope this helps.

Too awesome,

Thank you so much. Hopefully I can spend a bit of time over the next few days to get my head around the updates.

Kind regards,

Jenny

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.