Good morning,
I have a typical blog page that includes the except text and “Read More” link. How can I change this to just “More”?
I have the latest version of X theme, use a child theme and have a functions.php setup
Thank you
Good morning,
I have a typical blog page that includes the except text and “Read More” link. How can I change this to just “More”?
I have the latest version of X theme, use a child theme and have a functions.php setup
Thank you
Hello @hyperdrive_boom,
Thanks for writing in!
Please add following code in child theme functions.php file:
if ( ! function_exists( 'x_excerpt_string' ) ) :
function x_excerpt_string( $more ) {
$stack = x_get_stack();
if ( $stack == 'integrity' ) {
return ' ... <div><a href="' . get_permalink() . '" class="more-link">' . __( 'More', '__x__' ) . '</a></div>';
} else if ( $stack == 'renew' ) {
return ' ... <a href="' . get_permalink() . '" class="more-link">' . __( 'More', '__x__' ) . '</a>';
} else if ( $stack == 'icon' ) {
return ' ...';
} else if ( $stack == 'ethos' ) {
return ' ...';
}
}
add_filter( 'excerpt_more', 'x_excerpt_string' );
endif;
Let us know how it goes.
Thanks.
Almost perfect first time!
Changes the button to “more” but it is now inline with the except text rather than under. Here is a screenshot of what it now look like.

How can it be put under? Thank you!
Hi There,
Please add the following CSS under Customizer > Custom > Global CSS:
a.more-link {
clear: both;
display: block;
}
Thank you for this,
it did not seem to work so I added a ‘with:60%’ and that seemed to make it appear in the correct place
Glad to hear that you figured it out. 