Change portfolio rollover to static image across all portfolio items

Hey Guys,

I’m having a bit of a time attempting to change the portfolio rollover effect. Currently, it rolls-over and shows the title of the portfolio item. I’m wanting to change it to a static image across all portfolio items, with that image being the link to the specific portfolio post (basically, it’s a Learn More image). Most of the stuff I’ve found on google is 2-3 years or older, and isn’t much help since it seems some of the classes and structure have changed.

I appreciate any help!

Hi There,

Icons must be changed in a child theme with the following CSS:

.entry-thumb:before {
  content: "\f0c1";
}

You can find the proper unicode values to change out the icon by going to the Font Awesome website, browsing the icons, clicking on one you like, and copying the Unicode characters and placing them in the CSS provided. Make sure to keep the backslash. See this cheat sheet.

If you want to use an image instead of an icon.

.entry-thumb:before {
  content: url(http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/iconleak/atrous/24/hammer-icon.png);
}

Hope it helps