Change of post page layout possible after duplicating page?

Good morning, I’d be grateful for some hints before I start experiments :slight_smile:
It’s about my blogpage in X. I built and customized it with Cornerstone, set it as post page and published, everything is fine. Now I need to adjust the image in my header. Of course this won’t work, as CS has no access any more, that’s clear.

But would there maybe be a workaround? E.g. if I duplicate the blog page will I then be able to use Cornerstone on that draft, adjust the picture and then set that new page as blog page? What will happen to my already published posts? Would there be a way to “move” them (including comments) automatically from the old blog page to the new?

It would be really great if you could help me to get my plan clear :slight_smile:
Thank you and regards
Karen

1 Like

Hi Karen,

How would you want to adjust the image? Do you need to change it or reduce its size?

To change it, find and replace the code in your custom css that reads.

.blog header.x-header-landmark.x-container.max.width {
    background-image: url(http://www.hartig-coacht.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/foto-her-mit-dem-guten-leben.jpg);
    width: 100%;
    text-indent: -9999px;
}

.x-header-landmark {
    background: url(http://www.hartig-coacht.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/foto-her-mit-dem-guten-leben.jpg);
    padding: 135px 0;
}

Hope that helps.

Hi Paul,
great, thanks a lot, basically that worked and I managed to replace the image. But there seems to be some placeholder underneath? The newly added picture is much flatter than the old one, but what you see is the old height and some overlay. I took out the padding completely, that made things worse :wink:

It would be really great if you could tell me how to get that image fit.

Thanks in advance and regards
Karen

Hi,

Please change the code to this.

.blog header.x-header-landmark.x-container.max.width {
    background: url(http://www.hartig-coacht.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/foto-her-mit-dem-guten-leben.jpg) top center no-repeat;
    width: 100%;
    text-indent: -9999px;
}

.x-header-landmark {
    background: url(http://www.hartig-coacht.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/foto-her-mit-dem-guten-leben.jpg) top center no-repeat;
    padding: 90px 0;
}

Hope that helps.

Hey Paul,
that worked great, the header is fine now - thank you very very much :smiley:

Happy regards, Karen

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.