CHange of all classes WHAT!?

Hello There,

I can confirm that the navigation is not so smooth when you scroll the page. There is a standing issue with this already. Our developers will be fixing this and rolling this out in the next update cycle. You can check out the update status from here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/bug-fixing-usability-update/26811

Thank you for your understanding.

Ok thanks for the update and hope that would solve it for us as well in the future. What is the the timeframe of next update cycle? Is it still in the coop of april?

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA at the moment regarding the next release. We will inform about the updates and possible changed through our news channel:

Thank you.

Ok thanks.

I don’t manage to add the white-space: pre-line; to the customized container for it to break the row as it should. See secure note for prints.

Hi there,

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hey, no I wont open another thread for this. Please answer on my question and help me out. I don’t have time to wait I’m running against the clock. Why not just help out instead of spending time on above message you just wrote.

I’m waiting for the answer and help out of fixing the white-space which I mentioned in the secure note. Help out with this thing. I already have 4 other threads so I’ve already helpout and help other users in how to fix things but I’m fixing all kaos after the theme update and need answers quick thanks.

Please see Secure Note.

I’m very familiar with CSS but this new markup you have doesn’t work as I thought tried all different methods. And sometimes it’s simple for me to contact you guys who know the theme very well. The only that worked for me was to target the h1. But let me also try your solution. Maybe ai tried the content-text-primary and never tried the x-text-headline. Anyhow it will always be a H1 there so the setup I’m using right now will be fine. But will try yours later on this week and have a look.

But how do I know when I should use only my class or combined or combined with space between the classes. Sometimes one works and sometimes another one.

thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! The white spaces appeared because you limited the width of the container to 800 pixels only. You may have added a custom css

.e3432-14.x-bar-container {
    -webkit-flex-direction: column;
    flex-direction: column;
    max-width: 800px;
}

Or the maximum width was set in the container settings.

Please double check it.

I don’t understand what you are referring to here? :slight_smile:

Hi there,

To know how to use the combination you need to check the hierarchy in the Google Chrome Developer toolbar:

If the class are in one tag such as:

<h1 class="x-headline your-custom-class"> ...

To target the h1 you will need to use this selector:

h1.x-headline.your-custom-class {}

But if the generated HTML code has additional wrappers which is some cases is necessary to render proper view such as:

<div class="x-headline your-custom-class">
<h1>Helllo!</h1>
</div>

Then you need to add space between the selectors:

.x-headline.your-custom-class h1 {}

If that is not what you meant you need to be more descriptive and ask detailed question and case to be able to help you.

The reason we ask to open up new threads when you have additional questions is to be able to help you better and quicker. If the thread gets longer like this one, each support staff will need to read from top to bottom to be able to know the case and get familiar with the situation to only understand that for example the original request was handled and there are other sections of the website that you are talking about now.

There is no limitation when it comes to number of the threads that you can open up and feel free to do that and keep each question separated.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

I have .your-custom-class h1, .your-custom-class h1 { (yes need to have on to specific ones since we don’t want it on all based on the design and page templates.
if I add .x-headline.your-custom-class h1 {
it doesn’t work anymore tried in chrome dev tools.

.your-custom-class .x-text-headline h1 {
seems to work though.

Hi there,

Glad that you have managed to find the correct solution. If you need further help please give us a specific case in a new thread and we will be more than happy to check the case and give you proper CSS suggestions.

Thank you.

Yes,

Could you tell my why we should use:
.your-custom-class .x-text-headline h1 {
when following is working, what’s the bad web standard in that:
.your-custom-class h1 {

Hi there,

It depends on where you added the class, both may work. But the last one should work okay since it’s a wrapper of H1.

Thanks!

Yes both works. But I wonder which is the bullet proof to follow the praxis by webstandard.

Hey @bracas,

Sorry but I’m not sure what you mean by bullet proof. The second one will work fine and is lighter and will perform faster. It will also be future proof provided there will be no CSS that will apply an !important rule to your class or the h1 tag.

Thanks.

ok then we keep it as it is.

No I just want to follow the best standard and correct syntax for it to be working as it should. Important should not be used but seems like needed some times. But not good for web standard, that I do know.

Yes, that is right. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.