Change fonts globally in nonprofit theme

Hi, I want to change the headline fonts globally for the nonprofit demo. I have uploaded a font and set it as the heading font, but there are so many instances of special font classes, and they are not set in the global css. What is the best way to update those? Should I do a find and replace on the database? Or do I have to write a new css rule and use !important? I’d rather not do that if I can avoid it. The Prata font is what I am wanting to replace with my custom font.

TIA for your assistance.

Hello @jlswilton,

Thanks for writing to us.

In case you want to change the font Globally I would suggest you go to the Theme Options —>Typography —>Body and Content/ Headings. You can set the font from here which will be applied globally. Please have look at the given screenshot below. In case you have not seen our font doc please have a look at it to learn more about how to change the google font.

Theme-Options-Pro (1)

In case you are not able to see these options as shown in the above screenshot then we need to check your settings I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I can see options for google fonts when font manager is enabled. My uploaded font is not in the list. I disabled font manager and if I insert a new heading (h1 etc) it does come up in the correct font (Din Pro Condensed Black), but for existing headlines in the demo, they all seem to be set at a page level or with a variety of different classes, and don’t change. Is there a list of the classes included in this theme that I can apply this font to? It is really a pain to go through every page and change every headline one by one.
I will include a private note with login so you can take a look if you would like.

Hello @jlswilton,

Thanks for sharing the login details I went ahead and set the font in the Theme Options —>Typography —>Body and Content/ Headings and it seems that the font is rendering. Please have a look at the given screenshot in the secure note. Please note all the body font and heading font is going to render from the Theme Option —>Typography —>Body and Content and Heading font respectively but in case you have set any specific font to through the element then you will have to manually set the from the page builder element. I would suggest you in case you are using any plugin like slider revolution then you need to change the font from the slider setting.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, that isn’t the font I set. Apparently, I have to go through each element on each page and set it at a granular level, which is extremely time-consuming. You can see from the screenshot that the inspector shows this as an h1 with a custom class. What is the point of this?

Apologies if I am missing something, but the custom class is a mystery to me. Why not just have it use the regular heading font that is set in the custom font options? Is there some way I can indicate that I want every header in the site to use the font I set as the header font in the customizer? I’m really frustrated.

Hello @jlswilton,

If you disable the Font Manager in Cornerstone > Theme Options > Typography and then you do not need to go through each and every element on the page in your site. You will have just to set the Fonts in the Theme Options.

Using the Font Manager and having to set each of the Fonts in the element settings like the headlines, allows you to create custom landing pages or other separate pages that will use other fonts aside from what is being use with your official site. This is what the font manager is intended to be to have the full control over the elements font styling.

Best Regards.

I have a custom font. I uploaded it but it does not show up when I disable font manager. How can I get this to work?

Hi @jlswilton,

If you are using the custom font, you need to add that to individual elements. There is no such option to add that globally.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.