I’d like to be able to customize the error messages that are a part of Email Forms. Is this possible?
Thanks - Erin
Hi @weisbart,
Thanks for writing in.
As of now, I know what you want to achieve but the inquiry is too general… Would you mind sharing us more details of what you want to change and what email forms that you are going to change.
Once we know the information, we’ll do our best to help you.
Thanks.
If someone tries to register for my mailing list using Email Forms and they have previously unsubscribed from the list they get an error message saying “We’re sorry! Something went wrong. We were unable to add your email to the list. Please try again later.”. I contacted Mailchimp support and they say that they will need to register directly through mailchimp if this is the case. So I would like to edit Email Forms error messages to say “There’s been an error in your registration. Please register here instead URL. Thanks!”
Thanks -Erin
Hi Erin,
I understand that you want to change this string in the plugin, to proceed with a solution that will not require replacing any files in the plugin when you update it, please follow the following:
- Install “Loco Translate” plugin.
- Go to (Loco Translate > Plugins) and choose “Email Forms” plugin.
- Click on “Create Template”.
- Then click on “New Language” and choose your current WordPress language.
- Select this string from the “Source Text” and translate it to your desired string, I suggest something like this:
There's been an error in your registration. Please register <a href="YOUR NEW FORM LINK">here</a> instead URL. Thanks!
Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.