Change Blog Page Design

Hi Apex
I made Header, Footer and Side-Menu. Every thing works fine except when I klick on a Blog Post, which is leding to a «normal» Page Design which has nothing to do with my Header, Footer and Side-Menu Design. Why do have all Blog-Posts a different design?

Where can I set this design?

Thanks, Patric

Hello @Brainfire,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please make sure that the header and footer is assigned as global header and footer or make sure to include blog page while assigning header. Next, under Pro > Theme Options > Layout and Design > Content layout and select Content Left, Sidebar Right or Sidebar Left, Content Right.

In case problem is still there, please share website URL for us to take a closer look.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Wow Thank you Prasant, it’s so easy :wink: I checked «all pages» but not «all posts» nor «all portfolio». My fault. Sorry.
Patric

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks. I have a question. My Website is http://brainfire.ch.kosmos.ch-meta.net/. All Blogposts are not fullscreen, allthough set to fullscreen: http://brainfire.ch.kosmos.ch-meta.net/art-basel-2014/. Also, I want the Title not to be shown and meta-Info below the Picture. How can I do that? I already looked inside single.php, wp-single.php but there is nothing I could change:

<?php // ============================================================================= // SINGLE.PHP // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Handles output of individual posts. // // Content is output based on which Stack has been selected in the Customizer. // To view and/or edit the markup of your Stack's posts, first go to "views" // inside the "framework" subdirectory. Once inside, find your Stack's folder // and look for a file called "wp-single.php," where you'll be able to find the // appropriate output. // ============================================================================= x_get_view( x_get_stack(), 'wp', 'single' ); --------- <?php // ============================================================================= // VIEWS/RENEW/WP-SINGLE.PHP // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Single post output for Renew. // ============================================================================= $fullwidth = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_x_post_layout', true ); get_header(); ?>
  <?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'renew', 'content', get_post_format() ); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_comments-template' ); ?>
  <?php endwhile; ?>

</div>

<?php if ( $fullwidth != 'on' ) : ?>
  <?php get_sidebar(); ?>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php get_footer(); ?>

Hi There,

I could see that the post is full width right now. What did you mean fullscreen?

[quote=“Brainfire, post:5, topic:40187”]
Also, I want the Title not to be shown and meta-Info below the Picture. How can I do that?
[/quote]

To do that, please add the following CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

.single-post .entry-title {
    display: none;
}

/* this custom CSS will remove the top margin of featured image */
.single-post .x-container.max.width.offset,
.single-post .entry-featured {
    margin-top: 0;
}

Also add this code under Theme Options > JS:

jQuery('.single-post .p-meta').insertAfter(jQuery('.entry-featured'));

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Thank you many times. Thats my solution !

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Hi Prasant and Thai
Thank you for all your tipps. By the way, the jQuery doesn’t work. I inserted it in the JS Section of the Theme Options. Is there a solution to bring that Meta-Info down under the picture?

And how can I set the height of the Blog Pic to VH? I tried with css but without success.

Would love if you could tell me. Thanks.
Patric

Hey Patric,

Regretfully, this is veering into custom development. A Blog Layout Builder is something that is yet to be created. Please see our recent Status Report.

For now, you will need to hire a third party developer to continue with the blog page customization including fixing the codes we have given. We don’t have support for custom codes even if we have given it as it only serves as a guide.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.