Change background in one menu item in main menu

I am trying to change background color and font color for the last item in my main menu.
I managed to do this using tips from the forums here, but it doesn’t look perfect yet.

The background color goes all the way up to the top of the site. I want it to look like a button on the link “Kontakt oss”.

May you offer any help?

http://roarskare.yourstation.com

Best regards, Wilhelm

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

Do you want something like this?

Before we proceed please remove all your code for the menu item first. And then you can make use of this code instead:

.standout a span {
    margin-top: -10px;
    padding: 5px;
    color: #fff;
    height: auto;
    background: #FFA600;
    border-radius: 5px;
}

.standout a:hover span {
    color: red;
}

Please feel free to change the red color when you hover it.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

1 Like

Thanks! It worked perfectly.

Glad to hear it!