CF7 and Cost Estimation plugin

Hi, there’s a conflict between CF7 and the Cost Estimation & Payments Form builder. With CF7 activated, the shortcode of the Cost Estimation doesn’t render. Tried 5.1.9 and 5.2 versions of CF7. Any ideas?

Hi @arnoldmeulenbeld,

Sorry for the last message.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

So, this is what I found out. There is no conflict between CF7 and the E&P plugin in the strict sense. When both are activated ánd you add the shortcode of e&p via a text element or a raw element, it doesn’t work. But when you create a page using Gutenberg and add the shortcode, it does work. Very strange. Work around of course is simply build the page in Gutenberg, but that’s a shame though, since you have much less control.

@arnoldmeulenbeld,

I tried to use the E&P plugin on my staging area to replicate your issue but when I added the E&P shortcode in my test page using a raw content element, it is showing just fine. Maybe one of your plugins is the culprit why your E&P shortcode not working when using our builders.

Thank you.

Well now, this is interesting. Yes indeed it is one of my plugins that is the culprit. It’s CF7! That’s how we started off, remember…

@arnoldmeulenbeld,

I’ve tried several tests to replicate your issue but CF7 and the Cost Estimation & Payments Form builder is just working fine on my end, see screenshot below. I am using Contact form 7 version 5.2 and WP Cost Estimation & Payment Forms Builder version 9.702

I recommend to update your themes and plugins to the latest version, clear your cache and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

HI, sorry to say that it doesn’t work when you embed the shortcode in a text element, raw content or content area. It only works when you add the shortcode in Gutenberg. All themes and plugins are updated. Cache is cleared, different browsers are used, all other plugins disabled etc.
But nevermind the default answers, as I said before, I’ll use Gutenberg. Thanks.

@arnoldmeulenbeld,

Great.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.