Certain Content Blocks Aren't Viewable/Editable in Cornerstone

Hello,

I’m designing a new site and uploaded some X demo content about 1 week ago, and certain blocks, along with 1 whole page, aren’t editable in cornerstone. Also, I am going to upgrade to Pro after I get this resolved, I just want to get this resolved first. Please assist.

Thanks,
Mary

Hi Mary,

Thanks for writing in! If you can’t access some of the elements in the Cornerstone preview area, you can always use the skeleton mode when editing for faster response and easy access for each of the elements on the preview area.

Hope this helps.

That does not help. I am unable to edit one full page of demo content, and a few inline areas on another page are uneditable.

Hi,

Sorry I could not verify the issue. The login provided has a very limited access.

Please provide us admin login so we can check on this.

For the mean time please check the following

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Alright, the login has admin access. Please assist.

Hi There,

Can you please confirm if you have taken care of all the option given by @paul.r in the above comment?
It will be easy for us to the check the issue.

Thanks

Yes I have.

Hi There,

I did check the page and it seems to be edited outside of the Cornerstone, did you or one of your team member happen to edit the page outside of Cornerstone? Try restoring/revision the page from the previous date before this issue happen.

If that did not work, unfortunately, there is no other way around this but you need to redo the page in Cornerstone.

Thanks.

I didn’t edit the page outside of cornerstone. I uploaded the demo content, and tried to edit in cornerstone, but those sections at the top are not editable. Please try to assist, no one is assisting me. I need those blocks to be editable. It’s your demo content.

Is there a way that you can send me those few demo blocks again? Everyone there seems to be pulling me in every different direction, but that doesn’t change the fact that I loaded your demo content and am simply trying to edit your demo content with your builder. All I want and need is to have those few demo blocks editable.

I just got those demo blocks from an unrelated staging site and imported them, and those elements are not still editable when I uploaded them. I literally don’t know what to do. I’m doing all I can. Please see the test block templates I just added, you’ll see what I am talking about. I just need to the hr and headings to be editable.

Nevermind, I will just do without those sections.

No problem. Have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.