Certain categories not showing in query builder

I am trying to use the posts element, trying to graduate from the classic post element for the page https://www.wangjingwei.org/media-en/. I want to show feature image and title and date only. But I want to pull posts only from the journals, newspapers, radio categories. I followed the instructions, but when I got to taxonomies in the query builder, these categories are missing, instead posts are showing as are keywords. How else can I achieve what I am looking to do?

Hello Cindy,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure that you have selected the correct custom post type so that the right taxonomy will also display. We would love to investigate further if you are having some difficulty in resolving your issue. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I am putting login info next, but also the 22em for row layout is also not working out, it turns into just one column.

Hello There,

All the mentioned categories are there. You just have to enter the term because there are a lot of taxonomies if you are just scrolling to look for it.

Best Regards.

Ahh, thank you! But to my other question regarding this: I used 22em for row layout is also not working out, it turns into just one column. How do I achieve having 2 rows of posts size by side like on the blog, or 3 up? And if I want all posts under those 3 categories to show up, is there a way to set that up automatically, or do I need to change the count to accommodate the total number of posts which will grow?

Thanks a million.

Hi Cindy,

Can you please provide any screenshot marked with the section where you are having the problem? That will help us recognize the problem.

Thanks

It’s working now for some reason, thank you and we’re good to go!

Hi Cindy,

Glad to know that it is working now.

Thanks

Sorry, 2 more questions, how do I show the category and date?

Hi Cindy,

You can add two following Dynamic Content tags into a Text element as shown in the given screenshot.

1. {{dc:term:name}} for category
  2. {{dc:post:publish_date}} for publish date.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Brilliant, a million thanks.

Hi Cindy,

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.