Centering a text block both horizontally and vertically

Hi. On this page http://wordpress-100914-329432.cloudwaysapps.com/messages/ I have a section with an orange background that says “MESSAGES | LOOKBOOK” where I’ve taken out all of the margins, padding, alignment, etc. Then when I go to align the text to the middle, it only goes 25%. In addition, I’m wondering why there’s more space below the text than above. Is there a way I can get this aligned both horizontally and vertically?

Thanks

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, on your Text element set it to center align and add a CLASS mvl to it.

screenshot

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hey, thanks! That worked but it looks like that increased the padding as well, making the orange bar taller. How can I do this without making it so tall?

Hello There,

By default, all the contents inserted in the text element will be wrap in <p> tag and for each new line or line breaks will be converted into a <br> or <p> tag for new lines. Each of the p tag has its own margin. At the moment, this is why there is a few gap at the bottom of the text. If you want to reduce the margin, please edit your page back in Cornerstone and insert the following custom css in the settings tab, Settings > Custom CSS

.x-text p{
    margin-bottom: 0;
}

And still you will need to align the text to the center using the align selection. You may ignore the mvl class addition though.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.