Carosel not working afte update to PHP 8.2.2

We have a static post carousel on our home page that was working until we upgraded to PHP 8.2.2. We only updated because we though we should be on the current version of PHP. By “not working” I mean there is extra content and missing content. We also get an error message whenever I click Appearance/Widgets:

The “custom_html” block was affected by errors.

In addition to the error message, the site becomes either inaccessible by anyone or my IP gets blocked (which I fixed by white listing myself). I do not know if there is any connection between the carousel problem and the Custom html error message.

I am at a loss to troubleshoot this. Thanks you.

Hello @thecmga,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that you are using the older version of the widget. To get rid of the widget error I would suggest you please install this widget Classic Widgets plugin.

For the carousel issue, it might be the issue of cache or plugin conflict I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello Comal,

Please be advised WordPress may not fully support the latest PHP version. Please check out this chart:

WordPress 6.4 has still Beta Support with the latest PHP version.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.