Can't Validate Plugin

Hi All,

I am having issues activating the Cornerstore Plugin.
I was getting the SSL cURL error, I have added the code to functions.php now I am getting a new error.
Please advise what the next steps are.

array(6) {
[“headers”]=>
object(Requests_Utility_CaseInsensitiveDictionary)#3900 (1) {
[“data”:protected]=>
array(6) {
[“server”]=>
string(21) “nginx/1.22.0 (Ubuntu)”
[“date”]=>
string(29) “Tue, 21 Feb 2023 20:45:59 GMT”
[“content-type”]=>
string(24) “text/html; charset=utf-8”
[“content-security-policy”]=>
string(18) “default-src ‘none’”
[“x-content-type-options”]=>
string(7) “nosniff”
[“content-encoding”]=>
string(4) “gzip”
}
}
[“body”]=>
string(192) "

Cannot GET /api-v2/validate/1e411963-e3df-43f7-982b-c034f5e117cd/

"
[“response”]=>
array(2) {
[“code”]=>
int(404)
[“message”]=>
string(9) “Not Found”
}
[“cookies”]=>
array(0) {
}
[“filename”]=>
NULL
[“http_response”]=>
object(WP_HTTP_Requests_Response)#3896 (5) {
[“response”:protected]=>
object(Requests_Response)#3897 (10) {
[“body”]=>
string(192) "

"
[“raw”]=>
string(475) "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Server: nginx/1.22.0 (Ubuntu)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 20:45:59 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: close
Content-Security-Policy: default-src ‘none’
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Content-Encoding: gzip

"
[“headers”]=>
object(Requests_Response_Headers)#3898 (1) {
[“data”:protected]=>
array(6) {
[“server”]=>
array(1) {
[0]=>
string(21) “nginx/1.22.0 (Ubuntu)”
}
[“date”]=>
array(1) {
[0]=>
string(29) “Tue, 21 Feb 2023 20:45:59 GMT”
}
[“content-type”]=>
array(1) {
[0]=>
string(24) “text/html; charset=utf-8”
}
[“content-security-policy”]=>
array(1) {
[0]=>
string(18) “default-src ‘none’”
}
[“x-content-type-options”]=>
array(1) {
[0]=>
string(7) “nosniff”
}
[“content-encoding”]=>
array(1) {
[0]=>
string(4) “gzip”
}
}
}
[“status_code”]=>
int(404)
[“protocol_version”]=>
float(1.1)
[“success”]=>
bool(false)
[“redirects”]=>
int(0)
[“url”]=>
string(150) “https://community.theme.co/api-v2/validate/activationcode/?product=cornerstone&siteurl=https%3A%2F%2Fweburl%2F”
[“history”]=>
array(0) {
}
[“cookies”]=>
object(Requests_Cookie_Jar)#3895 (1) {
[“cookies”:protected]=>
array(0) {
}
}
}
[“filename”:protected]=>
NULL
[“data”]=>
NULL
[“headers”]=>
NULL
[“status”]=>
NULL
}
}

Hey @lacollective,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can investigate further? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,

Sorry I didn’t get an email when you posted and just realised that you’d responded.
I will add the requested credentials in a secure note now.

I am now getting this error:

cURL error 7: Failed to connect to community.theme.co port 443 after 220 ms: Connection refused

I’ve had the tech support from the company that provides the hosting environment test it and we’ve tested and can’t even pull up the community.theme.co:443 website. So we believe it could be an issue at your end.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks!

This site is running Cornerstone 1.3.2 and those domains have moved a long time ago I imagine. You can probably still get validation working if you change community.theme.co to theme.co in the code. However I think you should just manually upgrade once in a staging environment if your intention is to upgrade and from there you can validate and auto upgrade from there.

Hi @charlie ,

That sounds like a better idea.

What line in what file do I need to modify to point it to the new location?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Instead of uploading over the current folder. Open the plugin zip and rename the cornerstone folder to cornerstone-7. Place that folder into wp-content/plugins/cornerstone-7. From there you can activate the new Cornerstone version and when you are confident it’s fine, delete the older cornerstone plugin folder and move the cornerstone-7 folder to cornerstone so you can receive updates automatically again. This version is so old I really couldn’t tell you which lines without digging and is something more for our https://theme.co/one service. I really don’t recommend going into the plugin files, it was more of an option if you were comfortable coding. Let us know if you have any questions!

Hi Charlie,

That didn’t work unfortunately.
We’re getting this square when we try to activate.
And when I tried de-activating the old to see if that was the issue and then I realised it wasn’t it failed to re-activate because there was a clash of classes.
So I have disabled the new, and re-activated the old.
Any idea’s with the square block?

Upgrading to 7.1.5 will fix that, however I did see other issues when upgrading though, so I would try to spin up a staging site before proceeding with this.

Hi @charlie,

The customer does not have budget for a staging site.
What were the ‘other issues’ that you had seen?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi @charlie,

Are you able to provide some insight?

I was wondering if an alternate path would be to upgrade manually to the version that knows where the new URL is and then to try activate and jump up to the current version from there?

The customer is starting to get ancy and if we don’t get it resolved I think they’re going to want us to request a refund on the plugin because they’re unable to use it.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Hello GianPaolo,

I checked your site and I found that you have two installed Cornerstone plugins.

I also checked that Cornerstone 7.1.5 is already validated.

• See the secure note below

Regretfully you may not be able to use the latest version because you are using " The Village Cornerstone" plugin which is a Cornerstone custom element. This may have not been updated by the creators and this may not work with the latest Cornerstone 7.0 version. The only way you can test this is to create a staging area. You may need a local test server on your computer and do the updates there. This is the only way to find out whether the site works with the latest Cornerstone or not. Or you can clone the within the same domain. For example, if the site is, https://example.com/, it can be cloned and create another folder and have the staging site there like in this URL; https://example.com/staging/. This way, if there are issues with the update, it will not affect the main site.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.