Can't use /podcast URL

We have always used /category/ aggregate page for our podcasts, but would like to use the slug /podcast now. I am unable to create a page with that slug, it changes to /podcast-2 when I save it. From my search I am unable to find any page that already has that slug (none in trash either). When going to that URL, I get the RSS feed just the same as when going to /feed/podcast. Is there something I am missing?

Not sure if this is related, but if I type in a URL with any word, I will be taken to the nearest blog page with that word in the name. Example domain/think ends up at /think-big which is an actual blog name being used. I would think I would be taken to a 404.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! WordPress manages the slug. When there is a slug for a post, page, category, or custom taxonomy that already existed, you cannot re use it again. This is what what happen in your site. PowerPress plugin assigns podcast as the custom post type slug and because of this, you cannot create page or post using podcast as the page slug or post slug. You can only create podcasts or any other variation.

I would highly recommend that you create Podcasts page using podcasts as the slug.

Hope this helps.

Okay, thank you!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.