Can't use new x theme with someone eases old account for which I don't have access

Theme x stopped working. Lost access to WordPress Admin. The issue was the old theme is not compatable with new version of WordPress. I got the Twenty Twenty-Two them active via MYSQL. I deleted the old x theme. I purchased a new x theme. I am not the original developer who had their own account. I can not upload the new x theme as the message is " This looks like a brand new purchase code that hasn’t been added to a Themeco account yet. Login to your existing account or register a new one to continue." I don’t have access to the old existing account of the previous developer. What should I do?

I did register a new account with Themco.

Hello Jack,

Thanks for writing in! You are having a location issue. Please check out this documentation:

You will have to assign the URL first to the license code before you can use it to validate the theme installed in the site URL.

• See the secure note below.

Best Regards.

I have made some progress. I have deleted x-theme. I have updated successfully all plugins. When trying to install x.zip, I get the following message: “Unable to create directory uploads/2023/06. Is its parent directory writable by the server?” So, I have manually created uploads/2023/06 and permissions are 755. And I still get the same message. I can’t install x.zip. I have also deactivated all plugins with the same result. The hosting company, yesterday also created uploads/2023/06 and I got the same results. I have their chat if you wish to see it.

Got it. Had to change Settings>Media Store uploads in this folder from full url to wp-content/uploads. x-theme uploaded, not to set the license.

Hello Jack,

Please have a look at the theme validation doc to learn more about how to validate the theme, if it doesn’t work for you I would suggest you please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.