Can't use editor in X or Pro

Hi I can’t use the editor in X or Pro. I have tried everything that I’ve found in the forum including deactivating plugins and upgrading php memory size to 512. Very frustrating as I’m having to blindly code small changes to the pages, and my client would like to be able to update sections of the web site as well. I chose X because I felt cornerstone was an easy to use editor for clients that want to edit but it has become a nightmare.

Hello @sairy30

Thanks for writing to us.

Thanks for troubleshooting with a plugin conflict guide. In order to help you with your concern please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hey @sairy30,

I see that you have a sufficient setup and I’ve tested reinstall X and Cornerstone yet the issue persists so the cause could be some conflict with a non-standard server configuration. Our themes and plugins work in most web hosts.

Would you mind contacting your web host to give you the error logs. Please post the error logs here or give us FTP access so we could check the error logs directly.

Thanks.

Hi I added the FTP info to the Secure note. Thank you.

Hey @sairy30,

Your web host doesn’t have any error log even after enabling WordPress debugging. Please ask your web host for the error logs.

Also, please try downgrading WordPress to version 5.3.2. Your web host might be able to assist you with this. If not, try using this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-downgrade/. The reason for this is because the that can be read in the browser’s console points to the React file of WordPress.

Thanks.

HI I enabled debugging to generate an error log, they said they cannot give me an error log and i would have to generate one. I did so and it shows no errors.

Hey @sairy30,

What about the downgrading WordPress. Please ask your web host to downgrade WordPress to version 5.3.2. They are the only ones who could do it since they’ve disabled downgrading.

If that doesn’t help still, we’ll post this case in our issue tracker so it will be queued for investigation by our development team.

Thanks.

I will try that i believe I can do that through the account.

Hi evidently I can’t roll back my version. However I tried updating corner stone with the newest release and my site crashed and gave me this error. Fatal error : Cannot declare class X_View_Router, because the name is already in use in /var/www/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/frontend/view-routing.php on line 73

and also this in th debug log

[15-Dec-2020 14:01:25 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: 47.56.235.171 in /var/www/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/plugins/limit-login-attempts-reloaded/core/LimitLoginAttempts.php on line 265

Hi @sairy30,

It seems your site is working, please let us know if you are still having the issue with the updated version of the theme. Regarding the PHP Notice, it is coming from a 3rd party plugin, I recommend you to contact the plugin author on this.

Thanks

Hi yes the site is displaying correctly and I resolved the plug in issue, however I’m still UNABLE to edit the site with CORNERSTONE or PRO. I have to hand code everything and can’t use any of the elements or tools. My client wants to be able to edit their own site in certain areas, and this has become very problematic. Please advise.

@christian @tristup @prakash_s i just was now able to do the latest X update and the editor issue is resolved. Thank you for your help.

Glad to hear that, @sairy30!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.