Can't Use Cornerstone on Page

I have a client website where the home page started being uneditable in Cornerstone. As you can see I have quite a few theme licenses and have dealt with lots of different X-Theme related issues. This is one that keeps coming up and tends to be quite infuriating. If the page renders 100% with no issues on the front-end, then why in God’s name won’t it let me edit it in Cornerstone? I would think that would be a #1 priority for you guys but it’s been a problem from years with no resolution.

I’ve tried tons of solutions and can’t figure anything out that will work. You would think you could just go back to a revision before there were issues, but nope! Doesn’t work. It’s possible my client edited outside Cornerstone, or something got corrupted, who knows. I don’t care how it happened I just would like to fix it.

Can you please look at the source code of the page here and tell me if something is corrupted or malformed? If I can just fix it by removing that, that’s ideal. Quite frankly I’m just so tired of rebuilding entire pages from the ground up because cornerstone refuses to give me an “edit page” button.

[cs_content][cs_section parallax="false" class="cs-hide-sm cs-hide-xs" style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;"][cs_row inner_container="true" marginless_columns="false" style="margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;"][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/1" style="padding: 0px;"][rev_slider home_slider][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][cs_section parallax="false" class="cs-hide-xl cs-hide-lg cs-hide-md" style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;"][cs_row inner_container="true" marginless_columns="false" class="cs-hide-xl cs-hide-lg cs-hide-md" style="margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;"][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/1" style="padding: 0px;"][rev_slider homepage-slider-mobile][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][cs_section bg_color="hsl(0, 0%, 100%)" parallax="false" style="margin: 0px;padding: 45px 0px;"][cs_row inner_container="true" marginless_columns="false" style="margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;"][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/1" style="padding: 0px;"][x_custom_headline level="h2" looks_like="h4" accent="false" class="cs-ta-center"]Welcome to a New Tradition in Home Building[/x_custom_headline][cs_text class="cs-ta-center"]Named the 2016 Builder of the Year by the <a href="http://www.batc.org">Builders Association of the Twin Cities</a>, Homes by Tradition is known for creating the highest quality, architecturally rich homes, featuring the latest design trends and amenities, in the most desired neighborhoods and on your lot throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
[/cs_text][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][cs_section bg_color="hsla(35, 38%, 56%, 0.57)" parallax="false" style="margin: 45px 0px 45px;padding: 0 0px;background-image: url("https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/zig-zag.png");"][cs_row inner_container="true" marginless_columns="true" style="margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;"][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/3" style="padding: 0px;"][cs_image_hover_effects graphic="http://homesbytradition.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/OnYourLot-pic-e1486345664947.jpg" overlay_color="hsla(15, 14%, 22%, 0.84)" overlay_opacity=".5" hyperlink="/custom-homes/"]<h5 style="margin:0;color:white;font-weight:bold;">Build on Your Lot</h5>[/cs_image_hover_effects][/cs_column][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/3" style="padding: 0px;"][cs_image_hover_effects graphic="http://homesbytradition.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/13.jpg" overlay_color="hsla(15, 14%, 22%, 0.84)" overlay_opacity=".5" hyperlink="/communities/"]<h5 style="margin:0;color:white;font-weight:bold;">Explore Our Communities</h5>[/cs_image_hover_effects][/cs_column][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/3" style="padding: 0px;"][cs_image_hover_effects graphic="http://homesbytradition.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Remodeling-pic-e1486345595666.jpg" overlay_color="hsla(15, 14%, 22%, 0.84)" overlay_opacity=".5" hyperlink="/remodeling/"]<h5 style="margin:0;color:white;font-weight:bold;">Remodeling Opportunities</h5>[/cs_image_hover_effects][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][cs_section bg_image="http://homesbytradition.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/TraditionBackground_darkgld.jpg" parallax="false" style="margin: 0px;padding: 80px 0px;background-position:center center;background-size:500px;"][cs_row inner_container="true" marginless_columns="false" bg_color="hsla(0, 0%, 100%, 0.68)" style="margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;"][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/2" style="padding: 0px;"][cs_text class="cs-ta-left"]When you choose Homes by Tradition, you are choosing to work with a builder that is your partner throughout the <a href="http://homesbytradition.com/our-story/our-process/">process</a>, and is committed to creating the home of your dreams.  From concept to completion, our experienced  <a href="http://homesbytradition.com/our-story/our-team/">team of professionals</a> promises to make building your home a positive and rewarding experience.  We have a profound sense of pride in our work and have received numerous industry <a href="http://homesbytradition.com/accolades/">awards</a> that celebrate our expertise.[/cs_text][/cs_column][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/2" style="padding: 0px;"][cs_text class="cs-ta-left"]Drawing on four generations of success, we have built a reputation of exceptional home building and customer satisfaction.  Our process is an unique as our homes. Combining architectural design, construction, interior design, mortgage/financing and closing/title, our <a href="http://www.traditioncompanies.com">Tradition Companies</a> network provides synergy and professional management of every detail.

[/cs_text][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][cs_section bg_color="hsla(15, 14%, 22%, 0.8)" parallax="false" style="margin: 0px;padding: 45px 0px 0px;"][cs_row inner_container="false" marginless_columns="true" style="margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px 20px;"][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/1" style="padding: 0px;"][x_custom_headline level="h2" looks_like="h5" accent="false" class="cs-ta-center" style="color: hsl(0, 0%, 100%);margin-top:0;text-transform:none;"]Have a vision for your custom home?[/x_custom_headline][x_custom_headline level="h2" looks_like="h6" accent="false" class="cs-ta-center" style="color: hsl(0, 0%, 100%);margin-top:0;text-transform:none;"] <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alex Brush">

View our <a href="http://homesbytradition.com/photo-gallery/" style="color:#fff; font-family: Alex Brush; font-size: 25px;">Photo Gallery</a>  and let your inspiration begin![/x_custom_headline][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][cs_section bg_color="hsla(35, 38%, 56%, 0.57)" parallax="false" style="margin: 0px;padding: 0 0px;background-image: url("https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/zig-zag.png");"][cs_row inner_container="true" marginless_columns="true" style="margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;"][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/3" style="padding: 0px;"][cs_image_hover_effects graphic="http://homesbytradition.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/120910_082.jpg" overlay_color="hsla(15, 14%, 22%, 0.84)" overlay_opacity=".5" hyperlink="/registration/"]<h5 style="margin:0;color:white;font-weight:bold;">Register for VIP Events & Updates</h5>[/cs_image_hover_effects][/cs_column][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/3" style="padding: 0px;"][cs_image_hover_effects graphic="http://homesbytradition.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/121010_025.jpg" overlay_color="hsla(15, 14%, 22%, 0.84)" overlay_opacity=".5" hyperlink="/photo-gallery/"]<h5 style="margin:0;color:white;font-weight:bold;">Design Inspiration Photo Gallery</h5>[/cs_image_hover_effects][/cs_column][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/3" style="padding: 0px;"][cs_image_hover_effects graphic="http://homesbytradition.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/16561-Duluth-Trail016-1024x683-e1482200912649.jpg" overlay_color="hsla(15, 14%, 22%, 0.84)" overlay_opacity=".5" hyperlink="/homes/"]<h5 style="margin:0;color:white;font-weight:bold;">Visit Our Model Homes</h5>[/cs_image_hover_effects][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][cs_section bg_color="hsl(0, 0%, 100%)" parallax="false" class="cs-ta-center" style="margin: 0px 0px 50px;padding: 100px 0px 0px;"][cs_row inner_container="false" marginless_columns="true" style="margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;"][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/3" style="padding: 0px;"][x_image type="none" src="http://homesbytradition.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/BuilderoftheYear_2016_MemberIcon_BATC-2.jpg" alt="" link="false" href="#" title="" target="" info="none" info_place="top" info_trigger="hover" info_content="" class="hover-zoom" style="max-height:105px;"][/cs_column][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/3" style="padding: 0px;"][x_image type="none" src="http://homesbytradition.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/8438899_orig.jpg" alt="" link="false" href="#" title="" target="" info="none" info_place="top" info_trigger="hover" info_content="" class="hover-zoom" style="max-height:120px;"][/cs_column][cs_column fade="false" fade_animation="in" fade_animation_offset="45px" fade_duration="750" type="1/3" style="padding: 0px;"][x_image type="none" src="http://homesbytradition.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ReggieAward_2016_MemberIcon_BATC.jpg" alt="" link="false" href="#" title="" target="" info="none" info_place="top" info_trigger="hover" info_content="" class="hover-zoom" style="max-height:105px;"][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][/cs_content]

Hey there,

When you build a page in Cornerstone, it saves the builder data and generates the shortcodes for the pages content so they are two separate things. The content is the one displayed in the front-end while the builder data is saved as post meta, ready to be used for the next edit. It is possible that the builder data is gone while your content remains.

The possible scenarios that will prevent your from editing your page in Cornerstone are:

  1. You edited the page outside of Cornerstone. The builder data would get removed in this case. You could try revisions. I see you said revisions don’t work on your end so the cause might be different. In this demo https://youtu.be/yYKDzSablm8 though, revision works.

  2. Cornerstone builder data might have been corrupted due to other plugins modifying the page or glitch in your database server. Solution for this would also to revert from a database backup.

In summary, the solution would be to revert from a previous database backup.

Thanks.

Could I just copy the data from the page content into the necessary post meta row for the Cornerstone content? If so, which rows do I need to modify? Is it a single row in wp_post_meta or is there more than one associated row?

Like I said, revisions didn’t work, so I don’t see how restoring from a database backup would work either. And either way, I don’t have any idea how far back I’d need to go so I don’t think it’s a viable option.

Hi There,

You either need to restore a full backup of your site or re-build the page.

Sorry I could not bring better news.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.