Cant update X theme through wordpress

I’m having a problem where I cant update my x-theme installation through wordpress. So I did it manually, now it is reporting different version numbers in different places.

Under Dashboard > Updates it tells me this:

If I go to X > Overview it shows me this:

If I try to update through wordpress it comes up with the error message: An error occurred while updating X: Update package not available.

Which is why I updated manually. Can you assist me with what may fix this? Thanks

Hi there,

Have you deleted the folder before adding the theme files or you just overwrite the information? Make sure that you do not override and first, for example, rename the original folder and upload the files of the theme from scratch.

Before doing so please make a complete backup of your website.

Thank you.

Hi, yes I updated it by renaming and uploading - so I was not overwriting at all.

I forgot to mention that I am using a child theme - does that make any difference?

Sorry - it seems I fixed it and it was an error of my doing. I left the old theme in the theme directory (renamed to x-old). I deleted that and it seems to have fixed the problem with incorrect version reporting.

Glad to know all is in order on your end now,

Have a great day :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.