Can't Update Plug Ins

Hi

URL is www.btmv.rest

I have been trying to instal a new packaged Plug In Extension in X

I Click the INSTALL button (Plugin: Layer Slider). It then returns a green tick with the text box Go Activate. Once clicked I I am taken to the plugins page where I would expect to see the newly installed Plugin with the option to Activate. However nothing is there (only the existing plugins). I then return to the extensions page to find that the plugin is not installed and is again giving me the option to install (as though nothing has been done)?

I have then tried updating some of the already installed plugins. I then get the error - Update Failed - Could Not Create Directory. I suspect the two problems are related.

From the research I have done it seems to be a permissions problem? However I have NO IDEA AT ALL how or where to correct this. Further to my knowledge I have done nothing in this area that may have caused this problem.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance
Craig

Hey Craig,

Please try the following solutions:

  1. Clear all caches including browser cache then completely uninstall your caching plugin (you will need to contact the plugin developer for this) and other optimization plugins. This is for troubleshooting purposes only and you can install them back once this is solved.

  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

  3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If those doesn’t help, please give us access to your WordPress admin and cPanel in a Secure Note. We might disable third party plugins and customizations as part of troubleshooting. If those could not be done in your live site, please copy your site to a staging server and give us access there instead.

Thanks.

I’m sorry - I can not find the .htaccess file. Can you please tell me where I can find it?
Thanks
Craig

Hi @Nicra3,

No worries. You can check the link below. on how to edit or renaming your htaccess.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Hi

I have re copied the .htaccess file and saved as directed - the problem still exists. I did not trial the .htaccess-bak option as I could not find any way to achieve this.

I have also tried to update to the latest version of theme x (1.2.7). This has also not worked.

Please help!

Thanks

Hi there,

I suggest that you contact your hosting service provider and ask them to set the files and folder permission of your WordPress installation to ones recommended in this article:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

By the way, I also guess that you pinpointed the error correctly, and this is a file permission issue. Your hosting service provider can be a better help in this case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.