Can't update in Cornerstone

When I try to make updates using cornerstone, I get a spinning wheel that never grants me access. I have waited several minutes for it to resolve and deactivated plugins with no success.

Hello @ppe29,

Thanks for writing in! Please update the WP core and the X theme (9.1.4) first before updating Cornerstone to 6.1.4 version. If that does not help, perhaps there are 3rd party plugins that is causing the issue. Please try the following:

If nothing is helping, please provide us your WP credentials instead so we can investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I’m a bit confused. When I go to my WP updates page, it says none are needed. When I view my theme version, it shows I’m using outdated versions of both. As you can see, I have the PRO version. Most themes let you know you need an update via the WP dashboard, so where would I get the latest downloads to PRO and Cornerstone b/c my X theme account page is still showing 5.1.5 as the latest version.

Hello @ppe29,

You are using the Pro theme. You do not need to update the Cornerstone plugin. In fact, it is even deactivated. You can only update the Cornerstone plugin if the X theme is install and active. Please ignore Cornerstone plugin update. You can even remove it from your plugins list because you are using the Pro theme. It is already integrated in this theme.

Hope this helps.

OK I will ignore updating cornerstone. So what else can I try to fix the issue in original post?

Never mind, I figured out what the issue was. It was 2 plugins called Autoptimize and Async javascript. Once I deactivated them, the spinning wheel stopped. I would like to know how to update my theme to the latest version so I can see if that allows me to use these 2 plugins because adding them sped up my load times considerably. So can you help me locate the latest PRO version for download? You said the latest version is 6.1.4 but the version available to me is only 5.1.5

Hello @ppe29,

The version 6.1.4 is for the Cornerstone plugin. The 5.1.5 version that you are seeing is actually the latest Pro theme 5.1.5 which is already installed on your site. These are the latest version available:

• Pro theme 5.1.5 OR
  • X Theme 9.1.4 and
  • Cornerstone 6.1.4
  • WP core 5.9
  • PHP 7.4

You can check all the rest of the compatible supported versions from this documentation:

Or changeout the changelog and release notes here:

Best Regards.

Oh OK I understand. I will just deactivate those plugins when I need to edit. Thanks for your help today

You are most welcome, @ppe29.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.