Can't reach Cornerstone

When I try to go inside Cornerstone I get an error page:

“Not Found
The requested URL /x/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.”

It happens in all existing pages and in new paged. I tried to get to cornerstone with the button on the edit page, through the pages button and using a direct link (adding “&conerstone=1” to the url).

Nothing works!

Can you help please?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue with being unable to get Cornerstone to load.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

Please try changing the permalinks structure to Postname from Settings > Permalinks. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response!

Will this solution you suggested change retroactively all the site URLs?

Hi again,

This will only change the URL structure, for details please see https://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_Permalinks_Screen

Hope this helps!

Hi,

I’m afraid you didn’t quite understand me.

My site has a lot of hyperlinks I added manualy.

Will these hyperlinks be affected if I change the permalinks structure to Postname?

Hi There,

Can you provide an example of those hyperlinks.

Thank you

http://www.kkarc.com/?page_id=1106

This is one of 11 pages the include a post based essential grid - each item is a hyperlink to a page on the site.

I added them manually and I don’t want to them all again.

Will these hyperlinks be affected if I change the permalinks structure to Postname?

No. WordPress has built-in redirect mechanism for that. It will redirect to the pretty URL. If you’re afraid to try, copy your site to a staging or dev server and test it there first.

Thanks.

Same problem here! And it didn’t work to change the permalinks from current permalinks structure to Postname structure. Same problem.

How do we proceed from here?

Hello @jensjakobsen,

Thanks for updating this thread. Please make sure that your server supports pretty permalinks. You will need to change the permalinks structure to Postname from Settings > Permalinks. And make sure that your htaccess is writable so that you won’t need to edit it manually. If ever, it is not writable, WordPress will ask you to modify your .htaccess and place this code:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

Hope this helps.

Changing the permalinks structure to Postname worked fo me. :smile: Thank You!

I have another problem that happened at the same time the cornerstone problem occurred (before and after the fix):

Both of the revolution sliders in my front page stopped appearing! I have one above the masthead and one below the masthead. I have custom CSS that make each slider appear on different screen sizes but I checked and the css is not causing the problem.

your help please

http://www.kkarc.com/

Hi again,

We’re glad changing the permalinks structure worked for you. Regarding your other query, I tried to check your site but it’s not accessible on my end maybe your server is down at the moment. Can you please check if it’s loading for you?

Thanks!

It did, it worked, thanks.

glad to hear it, cheers!

That’s weird, my site is accessible now and was accessible all other times I checked…
Can you try again?

www.kkarc.com

Still no revolution slider, on mobile and desktop.

Hello There,

I was able to view your site. I can confirm that there are no sliders in your homepage. It is because you are using the page template Blank - No Container | No Header, No Footer. Please edit your homepage and change the page template to Blank - No Container | Header, No Footer.

Please let us know how it goes.

That worked!

Thank U!!

Glad to hear it!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.