Can't make body copy bold in Pro

Hello, I’m using the Pro theme on a site and my body copy font is Merriweather Sans.

I added the font to my template in pro (See Screenshot)

And from there I made Merriweather Sans regular (weight 400) by body copy font in the theme customizer
(See Screenshot)

But I can’t make my font bold when I need to on pages, blog posts, etc. Can you guys help!?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, may we know how did you apply the font-weight? I did create a test post and the font-weight: 700; works fine. Please clarify how we can replicate the issue.

Cheers!

Hello! So, the wierdest thing is happening:

The bold font appears properly on the backend:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ev5bzmwp6j71joy/Bold1.png?dl=0

But on the front end, the bold font appears for a second and then switches to a regular font:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/90994kyf429ujik/Bold2.png?dl=0

I’m in Chrome…does that have anything to do with it?

Hi There,

Try to clear browser cache and check again. I am using chrome on a windows and it is working. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbQFn1IqOz

Thanks for your help you guys! The site is live now and we’re super excited! www.justcity.org

Glad to hear it!

Cheers!