Can't import demo themes for The Grid,

Hi Guys,

Attempted to add demo content so I can get a feel for the product and add upon a template. The demo content said “something went wrong unable to add”.

There is an import option but not sure where I can download the correct zip for The Grid templates?

anyone else had a problem with this?

this is on a fresh WP, so there shoudn’t be any clash.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! To know more about the import and export of the grid, please check this out:
https://theme-one.com/docs/the-grid/#import_export

There isn’t a place where you can download the zip files. The plugin itself will connect to the Theme One (creator of the plugin) server. Please make sure that the connection to their server is not blocked.

To prevent the message “something went wrong unable to add” , ​we recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

added it to my file via FTP still didn’t work.

what’s the next step?

Please give us WordPress admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

added it here.

additionally, could you look at the homepage? even though im publishing it is not showing in the live enviroment.

Hey @Humayun_khan_88,

Please do the following:

1. Update X to the latest version then try importing demos.
  2. Next, unsintall The Grid, then install again via X > Overview.

Let us know how this goes.

Thanks.

done and done.

still have the same problem:

Sorry, an unexpected error occurred while importing

Hi there,

What’s the issue with the homepage? It’s displaying 2 posts and I checked your admin and there are only 2 posts.

About the import, it looks like your site is unable to connect to The Grid server. Please contact your hosting providing to get more details of the issue, you may forward the logs from the secure note too. It’s either your host is blocking it, or The Grid server is blocking your site, you may need your host to contact The Grid support to find the reason it’s being blocked.

Thanks.

Hi Rad,

apologies by homepage I meant /home not the default landing page.

Right, that’s a shame. Are you able to provide me with the zip files in this instance? the going via host or grid sounds like a laborious process.

Yours,
Humayun.

Hi there,

We can’t provide any zip files, that import functionality is only between the plugin and their server. It depends on them if they will make them downloadable like Revslider, but unfortunately, it’s not yet possible.

About /home, I see one slider there with no other contents and it’s the same when viewed in the builder (except the slider is blank). Would you mind clarifying the changes we should expect to see?

Thanks!

Hi buddy,

many thanks for your help. got it, makes sense I’ll contact my hosting provider to see whats up.

please ignore the previous post, update fixed that.

May I bother you regarding another issue?

I cannot for the life of me get rid of the whitespace above the revo slider.

I’ve added the following to the global CSS but it does not seem to work:

.page-template-template-blank-3-php .x-container.max.width.offset {
margin-top: 0;}

Hello There,

To resolve this issue, please make use of this code instead:

.page-template-template-blank-7-php .hentry .entry-wrap {
    margin-top: 0;
    padding-top: 0;
}

The first section must not have a top margin and top padding.

I went head and resolve the issue for you. Please check your site.

1 Like

Cheers!

is there a global solution for this? can i post the same css on all pages?

also would you mind posting the code for the footer?

finally, do you know what the problem is here? why is this happening?

Hello There,

The custom css should not be necessary if you have placed the slider below the masthead. Please be advised that you can assign a slider below the masthead. Simply find the Slider Settings: Below Masthead and the space issue that you are having right now can be prevented. And by the way, this is only applicable to pages using page templates that displays the header. To know more about how you can use sliders in the theme, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

It does indeed,

my thanks to you and the team I really appreciate your support.

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.