Can't get Sidebar to display

I hope you can help, I am really struggling to get a sidebar appear on my website, I have created a sidebar, see screenshot: “Sidebar”, and have set it to show up on the page “Our School” but it does not appear.

I set up the page to be content / sidebar and even added a widget area with the Sidebar but it won’t show up on the page?

https://m5k.fb6.myftpupload.com/our-school/

I am really stuck not sure what to do?

Can you provide any help.

Many thanks

Ashley

Hello @TownleyGrammar,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that you have not added any widgets on your sidebar I would suggest you go to the WordPress dashboard —> appearance —>widget —>add the widgets to the register sidebar that you have created.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @prakash_s

Thank you for the quick response; I have sent you a secure note with login details and a URL.

I can see the “OUR SCHOOL” widget that I have made on the appearance —>widgets page.

I’m so unsure why it’s not working; thank you for your help.

thanks

Ashley

Hey Ashley,

The sidebar “OUR SCHOOL” is working without any issues. The problem you are facing is that, the “OUR SCHOOL” sidebar doesn’t have any content that’s why it is empty. That being said, I tried to add Test Test text inside the sidebar and it is showing on the frontend.

Backend:

Frontend

You need to add a content inside the “OUR SCHOOL” sidebar.

Hope that helps.

Hello @marc_a

I realised today where I went wrong I had not created a menu to place in the Widget.

All sorted now.

Thank You very much for your help.

best wishes

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

Glad to know that everything is sorted now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.