Can't get rid of Googleapis

Hi there,

as many other users before me, I’ve been plagued by links to the googleapis. I’m using X-Theme and working with it is great, however, even after implementing all the ideas that Jade suggested here (How to remove / engueue / de-register Google fonts in Cornerstone / X), I’m still bothered by one link to Google that just won’t go away. And it’s rendered right into the html of the main page. I’ve redirected all references to fonts to my local font resources but I’m out of ideas on how to get rid of this one. I would be very greatful if you could give me some advice on the topic.

Best regards

Hello Hans-Peter,

Thanks for writing in! I have inspected your homepage and I am seeing this line:
<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Montserrat:400%7CRaleway:500%2C400%7CRoboto:400&amp;display=swap" rel="stylesheet" property="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css">

This seems to have come from a 3rd party plugin related to the Menu. I am not sure though. Please do a plugin test by deactivating the plugins one at a time. You’ll know which plugin is causing the issue when that line will no longer appear or reappear when you activate the plugin again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel

thanks for your hint. It was spot on. The slider plugin “Slider Revolution” was the bad guy. Switching the GoogleApis off was pretty easy actually. Only thing one has to do is to go to GlobalSettings in the slider plugin, Fonts and Enable Google Fonts Download . There one changes from “Load from Google” to “Cache Fonts Local”. Problem solved.

Cheers
Hans-Peter

Glad to hear that, Hans.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.