Can't find Slider Revolution's settings to turn off on mobile

Hello,
I would like to turn off revolution slider for mobile view - due to page speed optimisation.

I have turned off options (I don’t know are those for visibility or hide during breakpoints options). But even with those options turned OFF, slider is still visible and loading on mobile.

I looked for topics regarding this issue: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/slider-revolution-settings-for-mobile-view/55160/2 and I can’t find options such as: ( slider setting > layout and visual > mobile > Disable slider on mobile ) in this new layout since the update of slider revolution? I looked everywhere.

I tried to put it in section via embedding code instead of ticked option “above masthead section” in page options. It was visible but it wasn’t dynamic (layers weren’t visible on hover above certain sections, it was not clickable etc …). I have pasted the embed code into content area element, I tried to use option “classic revolution slider” element from elements option but it was the same.

Help regarding this issue would be very appreciated :slight_smile:

BR, Peter

Hi Peter,

You should be able to find that option under the General settings:

https://www.themepunch.com/slider-revolution/module-general-settings/

Hope this helps.

Ohhh thank you :slight_smile: I have somehow overview this… My bad :blush:

What does Disable Ken B. mean or do?

Hi Peter,

It is the Ken Burns effect:

https://www.themepunch.com/revsliderjquery-doc/ken-burns-effect/

Hope this helps.

Hello, I have disabled slider on mobile in settings but slider is still visible and loading on mobile? What am I missing?

How can I add slider in section instead of page settings - “above masthead” so I could hide section on breakpoints? I tried to embed it into section but slider was not “dynamic anymore” - layers turning on and off when you enter in certain parts of slider with mouse and you can click on it. When I put it in section it is only graphical element and only arrow pointing down is clickable.

BR, Peter

Hello Peter,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Meanwhile, to know how you can integrate the slider on a page, please check this out:

Regards.

Here you go :slight_smile:

I used Classic Slider Revolution element and slider was visible on page but it was not clickable and layers in slider weren’t changing or showing up like they do now (if you move cursor above certain parts of slider, different “city parts” emerge). Slider represents “City/Town of communications” - this is what communications Agency IR-IMAGE is represented by. and each section is leading to subpage where employees are represented.

Thank you for you help!

Hello @IRIMAGE,

Your slider is no longer visible in smaller screens.

You are just having some caching issues. Since you have installed a caching plugin WP Fastest Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

Your slider is using image maps. You may need to click on the layers in the timeline and not in the preview area if you want to change something.

Hope this helps.

Hello @runel I appreciate your help very much but I can still see revolution slider on mobile? If I visit www.ir-image.si on mobile, revolution slider starts to load and get visible. On every phone I have checked. I would like to turn off revolution slider on mobile and replace it with static image - for better page speed results in google pagespeed.

Regarding revolutions slider interaction I was talking about slider on published page (not in sliders editor - I have created it :slight_smile: )

If I embeded revolution slider via Classic Slider Revolution element and put it in section (so i could hide the section on mobile), it was not interactive anymore (I am talking about the same slider but added in section instead on below masthead and on published page on desktop). If it’s added to the page directly from edit screen of the page in slider settings - below masthead it is interactive… . When added to section it was only a picture of the background and nothing happened when you were moving with mouse cursor across it or click on it. I don’t know why? It is the same slider.

Br, Peter

Hello @IRIMAGE,

When adding the slider in a section, please make sure that you have change the z-index of the section to at least 99 to make sure that the slider will be on top of all other sections.

If the interactions of the slider is not responding, it could mean that the section is behind other section or elements.

Please check my test page in the secure note below.

Hello I only see a blank page :slight_smile:

Hello @IRIMAGE,

Please deactivate your caching plugin. They are best to turn ON when you are done building the site and ready to go live.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello, I have successfully inserted revolution slider in section with classic revolution slider element. It became interactive AFTER I have unassigned revolution slider in edit screen of the page itself. When they were both on page, only TOP slider (inserted via edit screen of the page) was interactive, bottom one was visible but just like it was picture and nothing more. That is why I thought something is wrong with it when inserted that way.

Now it is working well. Thank you for your help!

But I would like to emphasize that the problem with slider inserted on edit screen of the page persisted. It was showing and loading on published page (on mobile) even if it was disabled for mobile - in settings. I have cleared cache and deactivated cache plugin but problem remained.

BR, Peter

Hi Peter,

You’re always welcome

With me and another support, it is not showing on actual mobile. Yes it is loading but it is hidden. We only see the image on mobile. Can you share the actual device you are using when testing this issue? This way we can try to duplicate with the same mobile device. Thank you.

Yes, because I have now successfully inserted it in section that is hidden for mobile and replaced it with image. I was talking for situation before that - when it was inserted via edit screen of the page in slider settings - below masthead.

BR, Peter

Great News.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.