Can't edit posts page

My individual blog pages look fine but my posts page is uneditable. I deactivate my advanced excerpt plugin after trying to edit what was showing up on my posts page but that does nothing. Every upgrade to Xtheme seems to make it harder to edit in cornerstone. When I enter this CSS in cornerstone with this

.excerpt {
display :none;
}

I can see the edit on the screen but when I refresh my actual site to see the front end nothing has changed. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Heres a link to my blog page (https://www.lovingyoni.com/blog/)

At this point I don’t even want an excerpt if you can just show me how to get rid of it all together I’d be happy with that. Thank you!

Hi there,

You can not use the Cornerstone to edit a page which is set as your main blog page from Settings > Reading. That page is rendered from the template and via code. To customize that page you will need to add custom code to your Child Theme.

There are few options at hand anyway in the settings of the theme which you can use. Go to X > Launch > Options . Blog to set stuff there and also for the title of the blog page you can access the X > Launch > Options > {Name of the Stack} > Blog Page Title.

Thank you.

Ok do you know the code to add to the child theme to delete the excerpt? I don’t want the excerpt to show up at all. I’ve tried to do it without code by disabling the excerpt display but it still shows up.

Thank you

Never mind got it!

Thanks for letting us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.