Can't edit pages in Pro - keeps spinning

I’ve searched the forums for an issue to this problem, tried to follow the advice given to no avail.

When I try to edit a page in Pro, all I get is a white page with a spinner that spins forever and never loads. I even tried downgrading to the last stable version of the theme and the problem is still persisting. I have checked all my plugins for compatibility and I am not using a caching plugin. Any idea what the issue is?

Hey @mmcdonough,

Several factors could cause this issue. They’re mostly server and WordPress setup related but could be client (browser) side as well like in this thread.

For server setup, please go to X/Pro > Status and quickly check these server setup items as they usually cause issues if not configured correctly or not sufficient.

• PHP Version should be 5.6 or above. Check what WordPress recommends at https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/
  • Memory Limit should be enough to run your WordPress setup, including theme and plugins. 256M of memory usually is sufficient, but if you have lots of plugins, you might need more. Please ask your web host to assist you with this. If you wish to do this yourself, please add this code in your wp-config.php.
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Here’s a tutorial video for guidance:

• Time Limit. Try 120s or higher of max_execution_time. Please ask your web host to assist you with this.

======================================================================

Still, server and WordPress related, you might be having problems with WordPress Heartbeat. Below is a link to an article to stop or control WordPress Heartbeat.

======================================================================

Another thing you could check is your WordPress URL setup. Please see this thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-spinning-problem/66603/3

If you’ve tried all the suggestions above and nothing helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP access

Thanks.

Hello @mmcdonough,

I have logged in and check your server details. It turns out that you are an outdated version of the following:

• WordPress 5.1.3
  • PHP 5.4.16 (this needs an update to at least 5.6 or 7.2)

Please make sure that you have meet the minimum requirements to run WordPress. You can check it out here:

You may need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to update your PHP version.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.