Cornerstone just keeps spinning will not load

Hello,

Can someone please help me? I have checked to make sure cornerstone is updated (it is) but I still just get the spinning icon. Can someone please help me? I really need to work on a project and am not able to do so. Please help!

I also try to load the update for X theme into WP plugins but it says there is no plugin in the package. How do I update this?

Hello @MorganaG,

Thanks for writing in! I can see that you are using the latest version of Cornerstone 4.0.4 with X theme 7.0.1 which like be the issue here. Please update to the latest version of X theme 7.0.4. This latest release it the only compatible version with Cornerstone 4.0.4 and contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Like I stated above in my original request for help, I have tried to update the X theme. When I try to upload the zip file to WP it gives me a message that says there is no plugin in the file and that it cannot load it. How do I fix that?

Hello @MorganaG,

When you update X, you do not upload anything. Please go to Dashboard > Updates and select X theme to update it. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thanks.

There is no update in my updates panel for this. Thanks, but how do I make the update?

Hi @MorganaG,

Please deactivate the cornerstone and delete it. Then please try to update your theme again. And please provide the login credentials that were requested so we could investigate it further.

Thanks!

Hey @MorganaG,

Thanks you for giving us access to your site. I went to Dashboard > Updates and an update for X is available. I went ahead and updated X so I could test if the cause of the issue is version incompatibility and the result is, it’s not the cause. More details below.

Next time though, please check the Updates page. If no updates are available, click on the Check Again button to double check.

I checked the console and I see Javascript errors coming from third-party plugins like AddThis and Autoptimize.

Please deactivate those plugins and see if Cornerstone loads. If it does load, forward this issue to the developers of those plugins.

Just note that I’m not saying that you should not use those plugins especially Autoptimize which is a useful tool to optimize a website. What I’m saying is, issues caused by third-party plugins should be fixed by their authors and third-party plugins should be configured correctly. We do not offer those services as part of our product support so you should reach out to the plugin authors or hire a developer.

Regarding uninstalling Cornerstone, yes, that will break the frontend of your site. What Rad was suggesting is temporary though. If the site could not be taken down temporarily, you should consider copying your site to a staging server for testing and debugging purposes.

Thanks.

Thank you very much.

You’re always welcome @MorganaG.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.