Can't edit pages - "A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading"

So, without changing any code on my end, I now get this message whenever I try to edit a page in Cornerstone. This happens on all pages, including when I add a new one, and in all browsers. It’s rather inconvenient, to put it mildly.

I also noticed that the X templates previously assigned to my pages seem to be missing when the pages are edited in the normal WP way; the only options are “Default Template” and a custom one that I have previously used. Where’d the templates go?

1 Like

While investigating the template part of my problem, I noticed that my child theme somehow wasn’t working. I reset the child theme from a backup and reactivated it, and now I can edit pages in Cornerstone.

I have no idea how this all happened since I wasn’t changing any theme or child-theme components, but it seems to be working now.

Hi there,

Glad that you managed to fix the problem.

Thank you.

Same issue here, no clear cause, just suddenly lost preview while working on Theme Options in Pro/Cornerstone.

Hi There,

@jarnoldcs

Please open a new thread explain your situation briefly and provide login credentials in a secure note.

Thanks!