Can't change the Permalink

I have just uploaded a bunch of images to my media gallery. For some reason I can’t change the permalink for a few of them. I have tried changing the slug a couple of times but nothing happens.
The Images show a link like that: www.domain.com/name of image-2

I would like to just have the name of the image and get rid of the “2”.

TIA

Hello @joziguy,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

If you are not able to change permalink of certain images that has numeric value attached, it’s probably because you have existing image that goes by name image. Let me explain using an example. Let’s say you have a image that goes by name image.jpg. If you upload a picture using a same filename, WordPress will automatically suffix numeric value to that that ex image-2.jpg. In Order to remove the numeric value, you need to delete the original image and then you can change the permalink structure.

Let me know if that answer your question.

Thanks.

Nice, it worked! Thanks

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.