Can't add elements to page or edit existing page

I’m having an issue where I’m not able to edit the elements on the page. See this screenshot…

This even happens on a brand new page. The elements don’t show up to add and it gives this error in the sidebar.

Here’s some more info if helpful…

Thanks for any help.

There’s also hardly any plugins and the site is pretty new.

Hello @andybdesign,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks @prakash_s

I’ll add those details here…

Hello @andybdesign,

Thanks for sharing the login details, We now use the WordPress Rest API for saving and it looks like your web host does not support it. Please ask your web host to support WordPress Rest API or whitelist the URL in the following screenshot.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks. I’ll let the host know and hopefully that will sort it. Thanks for taking a look.

Hi @andybdesign,

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this.

Thanks

I’ve been in touch with the hosting company and this is what they’ve come back with…

I found this support forum that might be useful for you:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45931189/403-rest-forbidden-error-in-wordpress-rest-api-but-only-for-settings

There shouldn’t be anything on the server that would stop it from working, but if you need us to check an IP that the API is connecting to against the firewall, just let us know the IP.

If you need us to check or change the files on the account, we can do that, but we would need to pass data protection with you first.

What would you recommend should be the next steps? Thanks.

Hi @andybdesign,

It seems that the ModSecurity is enabled in your server, which causes the issue in importing and does not let you call the Cornerstone endpoint to add or edit. I would suggest you contact your hosting service provider to temporarily disable the ModSecurity for you and make the Cornerstone endpoints whitelisted.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.