Can't add a sidebar to posts and can't remove comments

Hello,

I am working on a website and this is the first time this is happening.

1. I can’t change the layout of blog posts. I want to have the content on the left and sidebar on the right, but it is always fullwidth, with sidebar at the bottom. When I try to change it in the theme options (blog->layout), there is only Use global content layout and Fullwitdth in the dropdown. The Global content layout is set to Content left, Sidebar right. I have also tried creating a special sidebar for posts and assigning it to all posts, but still no luck.

2. I would also like to remove the comments at the bottom of the posts. I tried to disable them under Settings->Discussion (I unchecked Allow people to submit comments on new posts ) but nothing happens.

Please advise how to proceed. I am using X for this website (not Pro), Wordpress is updated to the latest version, as well as all the plugins and themes. Here is the link to the blog: https://balance-diamant.com/uncategorized/kako-postati-i-ostati-lider-kojemu-se-vjeruje/

Thank you

Hello @Pero,

Thanks for writing in a piece of very detailed post information.

1.) Did you add any custom PHP code that may have overridden the layout settings? At the moment, the page seems to have a fullwidth layout being activated. Normally, the layout can only be set in X > Theme Options > Layout and Design > Content Layout. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

2.) To completely remove the comments, kindly check this out: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-completely-disable-comments-in-wordpress/

Best Regards.

Hi,

I managed to remove the comments. Thank you.

Sending you the info for the first issue. X > Theme Options > Layout and Design > Content Layout is set to content. left, sidebar right, but the blog is still fullfidth.

Best

Hello @Pero,

I checked your blog page it seems the sidebar is rendering on your blog page on the right side but due to your custom CSS code, it is not displaying properly.

Blog Page with Sidebar

Your custom CSS code that causes the issue.

If you see the screenshot .x-sidebar class styles there is a syntax error. Please check your custom CSS code to get blog page sidebar working properly

Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for your help. I tried deleting all the custom CSS code I added, but the problem still persists. Do you know, by chance, where I could find that syntax error? Which file exactly?
Best

Hi @Pero,

I couldn’t find the generated CSS shown by my colleague on your Global CSS, what I did is just override the CSS for x-main and sidebar and added the code below in your X > Theme Options > CSS.

.blog .x-main {
    width: 69.536945%;
}
.blog .x-sidebar {
    width: 25.536945%;
}

Please note that custom CSS code is outside the scope of our support. Issues that might arise from the use of custom CSS code and further enhancements should be directed to a third-party developer you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi Mark,
That solved it :slight_smile:
Thank you

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.