Can't activate X Theme

I have two websites that I’m trying to build with X, the first one is working just fine and I had no problem activating and validating X using the Evanto purchase code however on the more recent site that I’m trying to set up it refuses to activate giving the following error:

cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

Both sites are hosted by the same provider so I don’t see how this can be a hosting problem. Searches for other people experiencing this suggest using a child theme however this is not something that I did on my first site and I don’t see myself customising to an extent that this would be necessary. Can you please advise how to fix this so that I can get on with building my site?

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing in, please follow the same solution provided here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Got in touch with my hosting provider and they have resolved the issue but it is not on their side, here is a snippet describing the problem which may be useful to other users experiencing the same issue…

“It might be worth passing back to their support that with the " cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired” this is an issue with the file at /wp-includes/certificates/ca-bundle.crt rather than a server side issue so they are aware for any future reports of this."

Hi Paul,

We’re glad that it is now working properly on your end! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.