Can't access "appearance" to make updates

When I try to access the “appearance” settings, I either get an HTTP Error 500, OR, I can get in, but then when I go to publish, I get an error message saying it can’t be completed at this time.

I’m trying to change a CSS style setting, and the CSS doesn’t seem to be available through the X > Theme Options route.

Help.

This is one of two licenses I have, and the other one is working just fine - same version, etc.

Hello @gljudson,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

In that case, can you please share website login details (URL/username/password) in a secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

@gljudson,

I could see that it is not working on my side. It shows HTTP ERROR 500 as what you have said.

Usually the problem is in your htaccess, but it would be best that you will contact your hosting regarding this problem because this is a server side problem or permission problem.

For workaround, you can use theme options to add CSS.

All appearance customization is available in your theme options.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi.

I did look at the htaccess file, BUT it seems as if there are a lot of updates made by the theme, so I was reluctant to tinker with it very much.

Do you have any clues as to what I should look for?

Thanks.

Hey There,

Intermittent Error 500 is usually trigger when you exhausted your PHP memory limit. ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Sorry, I didn’t see this … will try asap - at the moment it’s not letting me upload the change. Working on it.

IT WORKS NOW! Yay. Thank you!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.