Cannot use Pro Editor after moving site

Hello, I’m working for https://just-for-the-boys-berlin.de.

Someone else created a new startpage using Wordpress and Pro Theme under a temporary domain. There, Wordpress was installed under the root directory. For going productive, I have moved the site to https://just-for-the-boys-berlin.de/laden.

Site Address (home) is now: https://just-for-the-boys-berlin.de
WordPress Address (siteurl) is now: https://just-for-the-boys-berlin.de/laden

Everything worked fine, except that we cannot use the Pro Editor any more. When I click on “Edit with Pro” for a page, the link points to https://just-for-the-boys-berlin.de/x/#/content/<pageid> and the startpage is shown due to mod_rewrite (<pageid> is just a placeholder here).
When I change the URL manually to https://just-for-the-boys-berlin.de/laden/x/#/content/<pageid>, I also see the startpage.

.htaccess in just-for-the-boys-berlin.de/laden:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /laden
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

Before it was:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

What do have to do to get the Editor back?

Hi,

Wordpress and PRO theme stores many data in a serialized array.

When you do a basic find and replace for all mentions of a URL in a database and the new URL has a different amount of characters than the one before, this will invalidate the serialized array preventing pro editor from working.

Try to redo the migration using a plugin.

The plugin will be the one to do the necessary changes in the database.

Thanks

No, sorry, that didn’t help. Same problem as before.

I don’t think that there is a problem with database. Everything else works fine, even the theme customizer.
I guess, it has something to do with the fact that home != siteurl and with the mod_rewrite settings, but I have no idea where to point this /x/... url.

Alright, fixed it.

I had to add the line RewriteRule ^x/.*$ laden/index.php [L] to the .htacces file in the root directory.

Hi,

Glad to know you were able to figure it out.

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.