Cannot use Cornerstone on our site

Okay, so my original thread was closed without a solution. I am VERY unhappy with this as we are STILL not able to edit our website in Cornerstone. We have developed so many websites with X and Pro and to have this problem on our own website is beyond frustrating. (We have 17 active licenses.)

We have done everything that has been suggested. We tested our plugins, we reinstalled cornerstone and still not able to edit Cornerstone pages on our website.

The last tech person who answered said they could not get into our website because they couldn’t fine the right file location through FTP. We have our website in our root directory which is the in public_html directory. It’s is the top level domain name on our server so it is NOT in a folder. They were looking for a folder (compass-marketing) and found an empty file. it is in the ROOT directory which for us is the public_html directory

We need help with this…We have heavily invested in PRO and X. My partner is ready to scrap the platform altogether and move on to something else. I really do NOT want to do that so please fix the problem. We’ve had NOTHING but problems since theme.co decided to mess with the X theme and create Pro.

The website is compass-marketing.com and I have put the information you typically request in the secure note portion. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The reason why you are having trouble is using Cornerstone is because your server is refusing connections to the WordPress, theme and plugin resources.

Please contact your hosting provider and ask some further assistance. Meanwhile, you can check out this page:

Please let us know how it goes.

I have forwarded this screen shot onto our technical support with our hosting company and they have requested how they can duplicate the issue. Can you please advise? I have no idea what to tell them…In the meantime I will also forward the link that you have sent to us…

And, after sending them the link this is their reply:

“This particular error may occur for several reason. The given link does not explain anything related to your issue. We first need the duplicate the issue so that we can check at which step the error is occurring and which plugin may be responsible.”

I seem to be getting nowhere fast on this. And the days tick by not being able to make changes to my pages in Cornerstone. Please advise. Thank you.

Hello There,

It is not just Cornerstone. All the plugin resources were being refused by the server. Is it possible if we put your site in under construction mode so that we can switch the theme to Twenty Seventeen for further testing?

Kindly let us know.

We have no problem with you putting it in under construction mode and testing with another theme. Just please be sure you have the right path. Our website is in the public_html directory at the root level. /home/compassmarketing/public_html

We do need this resolved in whatever manner is necessary. Thank you.

Hi @ddubois63,

Happy New Year. :slight_smile:

I have tried every debugging or fix possible to fix your setup. The only fix left to do is to reinstall your Wordpress and X theme on your setup again.

Try to reinstall your setup again then don’t add yet any plugins except Cornerstone before using demo content.

And also, increase your memory limit allocation before reinstalling your setup.

The memory limitation can be changed from WordPress and if it will not work for you then you will need to ask your hosting service provider to increase from their side.

So kindly follow the steps mentioned here:

I hope this help you. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

None of this has helped us. I am so absolutely unhappy about this… Our website was working perfectly since it was created. We have done all the updates, etc… We have no out-of-the-ordinary plug in. Just one day we can’t get into Cornerstone and no one seems to be able to understand why. Unfortunately, I’m beginning to think my only option is to rebuild our website. Rebuild in Cornerstone? Hmmmm…Not likely. So disappointed in the platform I’ve counted on for so long. If I could be shown it was something other than Cornerstone that would be great. Because at this point, I cannot help believe it is because it is Xtheme. What would happen if I moved to Pro on this site. I’m using pro on other sites…Of course I have buggy issues with that too, but I really don’t want to build our site again.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have logged in and investigated further. I have re installed X theme and Cornerstone. I also disabled the WP Force SSL and the All 404 Redirect to Homepage plugin. So far, Cornerstone is now loading.

All it remains now is that it timed out while loading the preview. The preview is not loading completely. Please contact your hosting provider again and ask them to increase the PHP time limit. At the moment, you only have 30. Please adjust it to at least 300. You can check that out in WooCommerce > System Status.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.