Cannot update X to 5, getting CSS issues

Hi!

We are having a problem since long ago, where we cannot update X to 5 from 4.6.4. When we do, our css gets all scrambled and I cannot find the reason why. We have to reverse to a backup to get it working again. A child theme is installed, but there’s actually no customization on it, so I don’t know what’s going on.

Here’s our login info if you would like to take a look:

(attached)

You can test updating the theme, but then will need to restore the latest backup from Settings, Updraftplus (restore the theme only).

Thanks a lot in advance for your help![details=Summary]This text will be hidden[/details]

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please update the X theme again and clear all caches after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

I did check the site and it seems the site is under CloudFlare. Make sure that X/Cornerstone are whitelisted in Cloudflare, or disable the Rocket Loader entirely, then ensure that the auto minification of JS and CSS is disabled in Cloudflare also.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi, thanks,

I just updated the theme and cleared CF’s cache, but problem persisted.

I then applied these 2 settings mentioned here to CF’s settings:
https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

And after doing that, problems are gone.

Thank you.

You’re welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.