Cannot update to X Theme 5.2

I am validated, I look in available updates in the dashboard, but it says that I am all up to date despite showing my current version as 4.4. Can’t find any articles that specifically deal with this problem. I am kind of new to WP, any suggestions?

HI There,

Thanks for writing in!

We are really sorry that you are facing this issue. Can you please send us you website details so that we can have a look.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Thank you for your help. I have saved a secure note.

Hi There,

Upon checking your website you are using a fairly old version of X.

At this time you will need to perform a manual update. To do that please follow these steps:

1- Access your website via FTP and remove x from wp-content/themes/ and cornerstone from wp-content/plugins

Nothing will be lost since on Wordpress your changes are stored on the database not on the theme or plugin files.

2- Download the newest version of X on your Apex dashboard:

https://theme.co/apex/dashboard

3- Install the theme via Wp Admin > Appereance. There is no need to install Cornerstone as it will be automatically installed.

4- Visit your Apex license page and delete and re-add your URL and copy the license number :

https://theme.co/apex/licenses

5-Go to Wp Admin Dashboard > X and enter your license number.

You are ready to go :slight_smile:

We recommend to keep updating your theme with more frequency to avoid big version jumping and ensure your website will run with no issues on the long run.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.