Cannot type hash symbol #

After PRO major update I cannot type “#” as in #CCC or #myid or make us #1.
Instead of getting the symbol, I get workspace shift from Inspector to Elements.

I must have a plain txt open where I typed the # symbol to copy from and paste on any Cornerstone input field.

I am based in Barcelona, so working with Spanish layout qwerty keyboard, if it means any help.

Is this general or depends on locale? Any better workaround?

Readapting to new Cornerstone, this is a tiny bug but very discomforting.

Hello @seofreelance,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked the hash symbol on my local installation in the Headline element content box and it is working fine on my end. I have tested it on Pro 6.0.2. In order to help you with your concern we need to check your settings, please share your details in a secure note meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks Prakash,
I will do as suggested in short. Meanwhile, new details on the wild:
I have the same happening all over my PRO installs (different hostings, Apache/nginX or PHP version makes no difference) and also worked fine on my only X install which started with this behavior as soon as updated.
Another noticeable detail: it only happens on HTML editing, Rich Text tab allows using “#” as expected.

Hi Ricard,

I have checked the Text and Headline elements and found that the editor is accepting the # symbol in both the HTML and Rich Text modes. It might be due to the improper update of Pro. I would suggest you deactivate and delete the Pro and re-install it after downloading from the Themeco Account dashboard.
If that does not help, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1. Theme Related Issue
  2. Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update related issue
  4. Child Theme Related issue **if you have activated it.
  5. CSS/JS Customization
  6. Disabling Cache
  7. Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.