Cannot place a background image into a new section

Hi all. I’m trying to experiment with creating a new section on a test page, and adding a background image to the section. I created the new section, and looked down the newly updated section inspector bar. I believe that I should check off “Advanced” check box next to the Background color. This leads to some new options. A background lower layer and upper layer appear, and I can add an image like I used to before this update. I’m not even clear on the distinction between lower layer and upper layer. So I put the same image into both…and nothing happens.

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated. Looks like I’m going to need to relearn X from the ground up. P.S. I’d be very interested to know how I can create a “Classic Element” section as those are still working fine, and there’s no option for creating them. I don’t need all the extras in the new sections sorry to say.

Howdy, @gadgetat

Thanks for writing in and I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues. This appears to be related to an issue that was uncovered in our last release, and which will be fixed in a coming one very soon. I have provided more information on it here in addition to temporary solutions to remedy the matter until the patch is in place in the next release: