Cannot Open Pages For editing

hi

This is the first time I have had this occur, though I see many on the forum have had it happen.

Over the weekend I was working on the site with no issues. The only change I can think of is the addition of the Google Tag Manager code to my child theme functions.php file Now I am unable to open any page.

I am on X version 4.64 as I upgraded to 5 some time ago and it stopped my site working. That was prior to me having a child theme setup. It took me ages to rebuild everything from the backup I had taken. I am now not sure about doing the upgrade to 5.

Any suggestions, as I have not added any further plugins in that time

URL is feastthailand.com

Regards

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I can tell that you are using CloudFlare. Please login to your account and purge everything. If you have installed W3 Total Cache or any other caching plugin, please clear your plugin cache too. Then finally, clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

hi Rue

Thanks for your reply

Cloudflare is actually not activated so I purged the cache files online. The plugin is installed but deactivated. I cleared the caches in W3 Total and my browser, rebooted and tried again, but I still have no access to any pages for editing.

If it helps, my login details are as follows:

Regards

Hi Rue

Here is an update on the issue

I just went through every plugin I have and it turns out it is the Amazon Associates Link Builder that was stopping me from loading pages. As soon as I deactivated that plugin, I was able to gain access again.

The version of the Amazon plugin in 1.4.8, Wordpress is 4.8.1, X is 4.6.4. Is there possibly a conflict somewhere?

regards

Hi there,

Glad it’s okay now, yes, there could be a conflict between the two. Unfortunately, I can’t answer how and why as I’m not familiar how the plugin works.

It’s the same reason you can’t just add javascript within the builder if it has conflicting functionality, or if the javascript files are not captured by cornerstone since it’s not integrated through Wordpress’s default enqueue feature. There could be many possible reasons, it’s best to contact the plugin author. There are also some cases that the 3rd party plugin edits or append some content in Wordpress ajax responses which make it invalid, hence, the cornerstone is unable to recognize the response.

Thanks!